For employer and employee alike, the past number of years has seen significant
developments in Employment Law in Ireland.
Many of these changes have come through the introduction of new Legislation, but quite a number of changes have come from decisions by our various courts.
It is imperative for employers that they understand the obligations placed on them by these changes and likewise all employees should be aware of their rights and obligations.
In particular close attention should be paid to the time limits relating to making a claim under employment legislation. These time limits are strict, and are generally shorter than normal court claims.
As legal advisors we keep ourselves informed and updated on all such changes brought about by legislation as well as through decisions of the Employment Appeals Tribunal, the High Court and other employment authorities.We have significant experience in advising both employers and employees on all aspects of employment law including:-
– Various Statutory entitlements
– Termination of contracts and Unfair dismissals
– Health and Safety in the workplace
– Staff procedures including grievance and disciplinary procedures
– Transfer of Undertakings
– Preparation of cases and representation before all Courts and Tribunals including the High Court,
the Employment Appeals Tribunal and the Rights Commissioner
– Equality Legislation and representation before the Equality Tribunal
Have a look at our Legal Articles page to see some of our articles on these topics.
Please feel free to contact us on 057 9121770 with any queries, or use our Contact form.